Week of April 25, 2016 Archives
RealClearWorld Evening Edition
Thursday, April 28The Trump Non-Doctrine
- George Friedman, Geopolitical FuturesDonald Trump's Clash of Civilizations
- Ishaan Tharoor, Washington PostDoes Trump Know What His Iran Position Is?
- Andrew McCarthy, NROWelcome to Bradford: Britain's Anti-Semitic Hotbed
- Ben Judah, IndyWhat Is Happening to My Beloved Labour Party?
- Tom Harris, TelegraphObama, Congress Hurtle Toward Israel Showdown
- Julian Pecquet, ALMDoes Spain Need a Government?
- James Bartholomew, The SpectatorEast vs. West in the Arctic Circle
- Jochen Bittner, New York TimesWill Brazil Get Its Own Frank Underwood?
- Andres Oppenheimer, MH
Wednesday, April 27Is Hillary Really a Raging Foreign Policy Hawk?
- Max Fisher, VoxVenezuela Is a Victim of Its Own Success
- Linda Poon, WiredVenezuela Has Been Failing for Years
- Kevin Williamson, National ReviewIs the Next Hamas-Israel War Imminent?
- Adnan Abu Amer, Al-MonitorYou Can Negotiate Anything - Even North Korea
- Joel Wit, Foreign PolicyTrudeau's Canada Is the Global Economy's Best Hope
- Matt Phillips, QZThe Battle for Truth over Saudi 9/11 Ties
- Andrew Bacevich, LA TimesIgnoring the Lessons of Chernobyl
- Leonid Bershidsky, Bloomberg ViewWhy Francois Hollande Is Smiling Again
- Nicholas Vinocur, Politico EUFareed Zakaria on Trump's Speech: Rambling and Incoherent
Tuesday, April 26Why Is U.S. So Bad at Promoting Democracy?
- Stephen Walt, For. PolicyWill Spain Break Up? Europe Shudders
- Simms & Guibernau, New States.How to Join a Ukrainian Militia
- Alexander Clapp, National Interest#NeverTrump, Global Edition
- Pierre Atlas, Indianapolis StarUkraine: Resisted at Home, Rejected Abroad
- David Klion, WPRObama Bids Adieu to Mideast Orthodoxy
- W. Robert Pearson, ME InstituteThe Chernobyl Radiation Conundrum
- Manfred Dworschak, Der SpiegelThe EU Gets a Serbian Boost
- Ivan Vejvoda, German Marshall Fund
Monday, April 25David Cameron Will Survive Brexit Vote
- Matthew d'Ancona, GuardianGerman Scorn Could Kill Transatlantic Trade Deal
- Therese Raphael, BVThe 'Out-of-the-Box' Proposal on Golan Heights
- Uri Savir, Al-MonitorStop Co-opting Palmyra as a Symbol of Tolerance
- Juliet Samuel, Tele.Two Years into New Regime, Grim Realities Persist in Ukraine
- PBSAustria's Anti-Immigrant Far Right Is on the Rise
- Ishaan Tharoor, WaPoThe World's Newest Major Religion: None
- Gabe Bullard, Natl GeographicDoes Obama Hold a Grudge Against Britain?
- Max Fisher, VoxMonaco: Where the Elites Learned to Cheat
- Mark Braude, Globe and Mail
Thursday, April 21Be Thankful for the American Policeman
- Jonathan Freedland, GuardianObama's Arrogant Brexit Overreach
- Tim Montgomerie, The SpectatorBrexit's Threat to "the Special Relationship"
- Strobe Talbott, NY TimesMerkel's Blunder Doesn't Justify UK Exit
- Leonid Bershidsky, BloombergObama's Mideast Legacy: Desertion of the Democrats
- Alex Rowell, NOW28 Pages Explain American Skepticism of the Saudis
- Max Fisher, VoxThe Worst Dictatorship You've Never Heard Of
- Jeff Smith, Foreign PolicyTo Thrive and Grow, Japan Must Speak English
- Hiroshi Mikitani, PSHow the IDF Created a Media Frenzy
- Mazal Mualem, Al-Monitor
Wednesday, April 20Saudi Arabia Is a Great American Ally
- Michael Pregent, Foreign PolicySelling U.S. Assets Would Hurt Saudis Most
- Binyamin Appelbaum, NYTWhy Obama Invests So Much in the Saudi Ally He Disdains
- Eli Lake, BVWhy Obama Kowtows to Saudi Head-Choppers
- Robert Fisk, IndependentAnother Fujimori in the Wings in Peru
- Alvaro Vargas Llosa, Globe & MailCan the EU Really Reform?
- Peter Foster, Daily TelegraphA Bloody Gang War Is Raging in Pro-Pot Amsterdam
- Thijs Roes, ViceWill Islamic World Accept Turkey's Leadership?
- Semih Idiz, Al-MonitorThe Case for a United Iraq
- David Coghlan, RealClearDefenseThe Fit Children of Seinäjoki, Finland
- Romer & Hamalainen, Der Spiegel
Tuesday, April 19This River Could Sink China-India Relations
- Joel Wuthnow, Nat'l InterestExploring the Real Iran? Follow Social Media
- Gus Serendip, GuardianWhy Romania Is Suddenly Very Important to U.S.
- George Friedman, GFRussia's Perpetual Geopolitics
- Stephen Kotkin, Foreign AffairsDid Obama Change Cuba?
- Joel Simon, Columbia Journalism ReviewSaudis Turn the Oil Weapon on Iran
- John Kemp, ReutersNo Justice at Gitmo
- Karen Greenberg, TomDispatchIs Hamas on the Offensive or Defensive?
- Shlomi Eldar, Al-MonitorAre We Watching a Coup Unfold in Brazil?
- Isaac Chotiner, SlateWar on Drugs Is Dead. Can Canada Lead the Peace?
- Daniel Bear, G&M
Monday, April 18Brazil's Identity Crisis on Full Display
- Eliane Brum, The GuardianJust How Corrupt Is Brazil?
- Zack Beauchamp, VoxExposing Bashar Assad's War Crimes
- Ben Taub, The New YorkerAngela Merkel's Sultanic Bargain
- James Kirchick, Politico EUWhy France's Hollande Is Losing Grip
- Konrad Yakabuski, Globe & MailMandela's Party Is Turning On Jacob Zuma
- Erin Conway-Smith, FPEgypt's Hollowed-Out Society
- Gamal Eid, New York TimesCongress Cool on Kurdistan Bailout
- Julian Pecquet, Al-MonitorChina's Alarming SUV Boom
- Adam Minter, Bloomberg View