Week of May 18, 2015 Archives
RealClearWorld Evening Edition
Thursday, May 21Save Palmyra, or Maniacs Will Raze Civilization
- Boris Johnson, T'graphIsrael Silent While Hamas Digs More Tunnels
- Shlomi Eldar, MonitorEgypt's Religious Freedom Farce
- Oren Kessler, The National InterestNarendra Modi: India's One-Man Band
- The EconomistHow David Cameron Shrunk the Kingdom
- Jon Foreman, Politico EUBeware China's Grand Strategy
- Jeff Smith, Foreign AffairsWhat Is Killing Kazakhstan's Rare Antelope?
- Baker, Sharipzhan, RFEOsama bin Laden's Extensive Porn Stash
- Adam Taylor, Wash. Post
Wednesday, May 20The Kurds Are Iraq's Only Hope
- Ranj Alaaldin, GuardianRamadi May Change US Stance on Iran Aid
- Jacob Siegel, Daily BeastThe Islamic State's Two Most Powerful Weapons
- K. Ramakrishna, NIThe US Needs a New Policy for the Gulf States
- D. Bandow, Japan TimesLibyan Chaos Will Thwart Europe's Migrant Plan
- Joshua Keating, SlateUS Taking Note of Russian Nuke Violations
- Josh Rogin, Bloomberg ViewAn Unusual Friendship: Bikers & the Kremlin
- M. Galeotti, Moscow TimesPutin, Hockey, Rockets, and a Soviet Revival
- L. Bershidsky, National PostGermany's Struggle for the Soul of Returning Islamists
- Der SpiegelIceland's Role in China's Growing Arctic Interest
- A. Guschin, Diplomat
Tuesday, May 19Desperate Chinese Turn to Mass Suicide
- Robert Hunwick, Global PostWhy Cubans Are Still Fleeing to America
- The EconomistHow David Cameron Could Save His Legacy
- Peter Harris, TNIWhy the Labour Party Lost
- Peter Mandelson, New York TimesGreece Says Deal Near, Again
- Zeke Turner, Politico EUThe Scariest Politician in Israel
- Shira Rubin, Daily BeastBikers & The Kremlin: A Friendship
- Mark Galeotti, Moscow TimesWorrying Rise of Anti-China Sentiment in U.S.
- D. Chen, Diplomat
Monday, May 18After IS Victory, Iraq's Survival Is in Doubt
- Peter Hartcher, SMHErrors and Lies
- Paul Krugman, New York TimesMore U.S.-Russia Meetings, Please
- Mark Adomanis, Moscow TimesChina Is Destroying the South China Sea
- S. Mahanta, Foreign PolicyThe World's Vanishing Languages
- Lynn Johnson, MaptiaA Model That Could Drive British Cities to Extinction
- L. Hollis, GuardianThe Obama Doctrine Approaches Asian Shores
- F. Al Yafai, The NationalWill Canada Criminalize Criticism of Israel?
- Antonia Zerbisias, Al Jazeera
Thursday, May 14Small Surprises in Rubio's Big FP Speech
- Daniel Drezner, WaPoRubio Schools Jeb Bush in Foreign Policy Speech
- Tim Mak, DBHumanitarian Crisis in Andaman Sea
- Fuller & Cochrane, NY TimesDemocracy Departs from Bangladesh
- Arafat Kabir, The DiplomatNetanyahu's Surprising Staying Power
- Aaron Miller, TNIBritish Politics Will Now Resemble EU
- Alex Harrowell, Politico EUBritain and EU: Sweat the Big Stuff
- The EconomistFound: Rare 17th Century Spanish Shipwreck
- Jane Lee, NatGeo
Wednesday, May 13U.S. Says Assad Caught With Sarin. Again.
- E. Lake & J. Rogin, BloombergA New Cooperation on Syria
- David Ignatius, Washington PostLabour's Rebirth Requires a Grassroots Revolution
- GuardianUK Election: Whither the Union?
- Scott MacDonald, National InterestUkraine Needs Money More Than Sympathy
- M. Adomanis, Moscow TimesThe Volunteer Force Taking on Mexico's Gangs
- Jeremy Kryt, Daily BeastMust the United States Fight China?
- Walter Clemens, The DiplomatWhat's It Like Living Under ISIS?
- Zack Beauchamp, VoxThe West's Loose Grip on Free Speech
- V. Davis Hanson, National ReviewCan Obama Get Anything Out of the Arab Summit?
- P. Van Buren, Reuters
Tuesday, May 12Little Evidence of Progress in Ukraine Crisis
- Matthew Lee, APCan the China-Russia Warmth Last?
- Bjorn Duben, The DiplomatIs It Time to Meet China Halfway?
- Lyle Goldstein, The Nat'l InterestEurope Prepares to Fight Human Traffickers
- Der SpiegelSermons Alone Can't Counter Online Extremism
- D. Casciani, BBCThe Confused Person's Guide to Yemen
- Karl Sharro, The AtlanticSouth Africa's Odd Plan to Fight Xenophobia
- Erin Conway, GPNigel Farage Resigned. He's Already Back
- Karla Adam, WaPo
Monday, May 11China's Strategy for Self-Defeat Is Working
- Gordon Chang, TNIHersh's bin Laden Story Doesn't Add Up
- Max Fisher, VoxWho to Thank for Jeb's Weird Foreign Policy Turn
- Joan Walsh, SalonHow Long Can the Oil Age Last?
- Gaurav Agnihotri, Oil PriceWhy the Saudis Are Right to Snub Obama
- Jonathan Tobin, CommentaryHow Obama Taught the Saudis to Love the Islamists
- Ben Avni, NY PostGiving Britain Its Very Own Tea Party
- Patrick Smith, Fiscal TimesJordan's Muslim Brotherhood Implodes
- Schenker & Barnhard, TWI