Week of February 8, 2016 Archives
RealClearWorld Evening Edition
Monday, February 8Will Libya Be Site of Obama's Next War?
- Walter Mead, American InterestNorth Korea's Mystery Bomb
- Jeremy Bernstein, New York Review of BooksChina's Frustrated Millennials
- Doug Saunders, Globe and MailDueling Data Blur Venezuelan Murder Rate
- Jim Wyss, Miami HeraldWill Europe and the United States Gang Up on China?
- Bruce Stokes, FPPalestinian Attacks Wound Israel's Reputation
- Daniel Gordis, BloombergWhen an Anti-Zionist Rabbi Visits Israel
- Mordechai Goldman, Al-MonitorZika Virus and Brazilian Women's Right to Choose
- Debora Diniz, NYTWhy Is Central Africa Missing from So Many Maps?
- Chris Groskopf, QZ
Thursday, February 4Europe Turns to Turkey for Rescue
- Roger Cohen, New York TimesOil Dictator Dominoes: Who Will Fall?
- Bill Emmott, Project SyndicateFar from Headlines, Iran Keeps Humiliating Sailors
- David French, NROObama's Israeli-Palestinian Failure
- Uri Savir, Al-MonitorFrancois Hollande's Own State of Emergency
- Patrick Marnham, SpectatorAssad Has a Plan to Stay in Power. This Is It
- Faisal Al Yafai, The NationalEgypt's Decades-Long War on College Kids
- Jennifer Williams, VoxThe Return of German Pessimism
- Philip Oltermann, The GuardianShocking Drone Footage Shows Destruction of Homs, Syria
- Channel 4
Wednesday, February 3Russia Is Winning in Syria
- Andrew Roth, Washington PostWill Turkey Risk Military Confrontation with Russia?
- Semih Idiz, ALMHelp Assad's Officers Defect
- Mohammed Alaa Ghanem, New York TimesEurope's Lonely Liberal Hegemon
- Thorsten Benner, Politico EUIn China, the Myth of the Competent Autocrat
- Minxin Pei, Nikkei ARAmerica's Awkward Iran Dance
- Aaron David Miller, CNNJustin Trudeau: Prime Minister Oprah
- Tasha Kheiriddin, National PostCan Nigeria Defeat Boko Haram?
- Aryn Baker, TimeBoris Johnson's Thirst for Spectacle
- Simon Jenkins, Evening Standard
Tuesday, February 2Europe's Waning Welcome
- Walter Russell Mead, The American InterestBidding Goodbye to Schengen
- Gwynne Dyer, Japan TimesColombia's Drug Traffickers Prepare for Peace
- Nick Miroff, Wash PostWhat Happened to ISIS's Af-Pak Province?
- Arif Rafiq, The DiplomatIf Only Russia Could Have Iowa's Democracy
- Leonid Bershidsky, BVThe West Must Stop Giving Turkey a Free Pass
- Behlul Ozkan, NY TimesU.S. Should Halt Its Support for the War in Yemen
- Dan Larison, AmConCambodia's Fearless Eco-Vigilante
- Brent Crane, NarrativelySwans Are Terrorizing This British Village
- Amanda Taub, Vox
Monday, February 1Dear Americans, What Are You Thinking?
- Alex Massie, Politics MagazineSyria Peace Talks Are a Complete Facade
- Richard Spencer, TelegraphTrump: the World's Most Dangerous Man?
- Feldenkirchen & Stark, SpiegelIs the Ruler of Chechnya Out of Control?
- Joshua Yaffa, The New YorkerJohn Kerry's Russia Problem
- Eli Lake, Bloomberg ViewCan Iran Get Out of Its Own Way?
- Reza Marashi, The National InterestSalafism on the Rise in China
- Jonathan Kaiman, Los Angeles TimesU.S.-Cuba Thaw Reignites a Global Rum War
- Tim Fernholz, QuartzPeru's Possible Prison Presidency
- Sonia Goldenberg, New York Times