Week of September 15, 2014 Archives
RealClearWorld Evening Edition
Thursday, September 18**BREAKING NEWS** Scotland Votes 'NO'Scotland Will Never, Ever Be the Same
- Corinne Purtill, Global PostEconomists Don't Understand Scots
- Daniel Altman, Foreign Policy8 Other Separatist Regions in Europe
- Rick Noack, Washington PostObama's Dangerously Vague New War
- Feldenkirchen et al., SpiegelISIS Wants Saudi Arabia's Oil Wells
- Claude Salhani, TimeMedia's PC Denial of Islamic Beheadings
- Vincent Cooper, Comment.Is Israel Most Important Strategic Ally?
- Akiva Eldar, Al MonitorThe Rise and Rise of Xi Jinping
- The Economist
Wednesday, September 17Be Brave, Scotland, Go It Alone
- Clive Crook, BloombergWhy Leaving Is the Wrong Idea for Scotland
- Amanda Taub, VoxCan the West Help in the Arab World's Struggle?
- Thomas Friedman, NYTU.S. Refuses to Use Its Tools Against North Korea
- Bruce Klingner, KEIAScotland: The Austerity Referendum
- John Nichols, The NationNorth Korea an Odd Temptation for Some Americans
- Foster Klug, APEastern Ukraine Is not Scotland
- Ivan Sukhov, Moscow TimesHow Gaza Crisis Might Quickly Reignite
- Danny Rubinstein, Worldcrunch
Tuesday, September 16Putin Just Got What He Wanted in Ukraine
- Linda Kinstler, TNRIran and U.S. Are Allies But Can't Admit It
- Joshua Keating, SlateIran Could Be Shadow Enemy in ISIS War
- Jacob Siegel, Daily BeastBeating ISIS Requires U.S. Combat Troops
- John Bolton, NY PostU.S. Credibility and Anti-ISIS Coalition
- Max Boot, CommentaryGetting It Wrong on New al Qaeda Franchise
- Arif Rafiq, Real Clear WorldWe're Losing Arms Race to Russia, China
- David Francis, Fiscal TimesThe Ghosts of Communism in Asia
- Michael Totten, World AffairsFollow RCW: On Twitter
| On Facebook
| On Google+
Monday, September 15Did Hamas Win?
- Mkhaimar Abusada, Project SyndicateThe West Isn't Set for the Long Haul in Ukraine
- Judy Dempsey, CarnegieNever Mind the Scaremongers, Scotland
- K. Cuthbertson, The ConversationRepublicans Can Win ISIS Debate With Bluster
- Kevin Sullivan, The WeekFlawed Campaign Has Divided Scots
- J. Harris & J. Wight, The GuardianISIS Fighters Scatter as Soon as We Hit Them
- Mark Thompson, TimeMeeting Turkey's New Prime Minister
- Joshua Walker, War on the RocksTehran Keeps Chasing Nukes
- John Bolton, Pittsburgh Tribune
Thursday, September 11Obama Gives Bush Legacy New Life
- Alan Philps, The NationalObama's ISIS Strategy Buoys Iran
- Fabio Rafael Fiallo, RealClearWorldISIS Threat Is to Middle East, Not U.S.
- Joshua Keating, SlateIslamic State Is Reshaping Foreign Policy
- E.J. Dionne, Washington PostScotland Is an Identity
- Megan McArdle, BloombergEurope's Juncker Revolution
- Ana Palacio, Project SyndicateA Look at EU's Shameful Immigration Policy
- Maximilian Popp, SpiegelEven China Can't 'Expand Credit'
- John Tamny, RealClearMarkets
Wednesday, September 10Obama Fighting a 2-Front War, Like Rome
- Michael Auslin, PoliticoScotland Should Heed Lesson from Irish
- Ruth Edwards, TelegraphCatalans Want Independence Too
- Helene Zuber, Der SpiegelUkraine Crisis at Point of No Return
- Alina Polyakova, TNIA Gaping Hole at the Heart of Polish Politics
- The EconomistWhy Argentina Shouldn't Move Its Capital
- Filipe Campante, NYTWorld's 'Most Humane' Prison Overcrowded
- Rick Noack, WaPoCanada Finds British Ship Missing Since 1845
- BBC News
Tuesday, September 9How IS Will Come After the West
- Christopher Dickey, Daily BeastCould IS Bring Russia, U.S. Together?
- Roland Dannreuther, MTWhy Does Scotland Want Independence?
- Neil Irwin, NY TimesHong Kong: China's Next Big Mess-Up
- Robert Keatley, TNIWhat 'Peak Phosphorus' Means for World
- A. Adavikolanu, SciNordicMexico's Dubious Reforms
- Enrique Krauze, New York TimesDubai to Build World's Largest Airport
- Adam Schreck, APWhere World's Youngest, Oldest People Live
- Simran Khosla, GP
Monday, September 8Does Obama Have the Goods to Beat ISIS?
- Linda Chavez, Boston HeraldKissinger: Time for All-Out War on ISIS
- Toby Harnden, Times of LondonISIS Sends Medieval Message in Modern Way
- David Carr, New York TimesCan Palestine Win the Peace?
- Daoud Kuttab, Project SyndicateEU Braces for a Brand New Country
- Peter Geoghegan, Foreign PolicyCan a Royal Baby Save British Union?
- James Kirkup, Daily TelegraphWhat Urbanization Can Teach the Poor
- Edward Gleaser, City JournalWhy Putin's Russia Is Weaker Than USSR
- Zack Beauchamp, Vox