McLaughlin and Associates conducted a poll (pdf) for the Emergency Committee for Israel to measure U.S. sentiment toward Israel. Some findings:
* 51 percent of respondents believe that President Obama has been "less friendly" to Israel than previous presidents;
* 50.8 percent approve of the president's handling of defense and foreign policy matters;
* 44 percent disapproved of the president's handling of U.S.-Israeli relations;
* 50.9 percent believe that Israel's enemies are America's enemies;
* 50.6 percent of respondents agree with the statement: “The Israeli-Arab conflict is the key to improving America's standing and interests in the region."
* 81 percent of respondents agreed with the statement: "Enemies of America use the Palestinian-Israeli conflict as an excuse to create anti-American sentiment. Even if the dispute is settled, they would find another way to justify their hostility toward America."
* 52 percent disagree with this statement: “I am strongly opposed to the use of military force by Israel or the United States to attack Iran.”
* 75 percent said the U.S. cannot be safe with a nuclear Iran
* 85 percent said Iran would provide a nuclear weapon to a terrorist organization;
* 59 percent of respondents would approve of military action against Iran's nuclear facilities if sanctions did not work.